How GPS Tracking Software Is Helping Commercial Trucking Fleets
Vehicle Management is the process of boosting commercial fleet efficiency through the use of security devices such as dash cams, online software, car cameras, and more. However, the tool that is most called upon to boost fleet management is GPS tracking. Vehicle tracking technology continues to grow in demand as more small/medium/large businesses seek to improve operations and cut costs. Let’s take a closer look at commercial truck tracking devices, the reasons why companies are investing in fleet tracking solutions, and our editor’s pick for the top fleet GPS!
Best Commercial Vehicle Tracker 2023
- Discover Where Vehicles And Assets Are 24/7
- Receive Real Time Alerts For When Driver’s Speed
- Protect Drivers And Vehicles With Fleet Tracker
Secure Vehicle GPS is the only dash camera that offers both real time tracking and live streaming video to help any business improve route optimization, fuel consumption, and driver behavior. One of the top-rated GPS truck tracking devices on the market today, Secure Vehicle GPS makes it easy to manage entire fleets and track your trucks right from your cell phone or computer. If you are concerned about driver safety or simply want the ultimate GPS truck tracking solution, there is no better asset tracking device than the Secure Vehicle GPS!
TRACK YOUR TRUCKS 24/7!
How To Keep Track of Trucks
GPS tracking systems make use of satellites that broadcast signals at a continuous rate, gathering valuable information and making it available in real-time. Thanks to this act, you will be able to know the exact location of any vehicle at any time that you will like, even regardless of the prevailing weather conditions. You can keep track of your fleet and know whether a vehicle is being run or not if it is treading the right path if it has gotten to its expected destination, and much more.
GPS satellite tracking, as well as effective software for fleet management, will be able to provide some essential features for fleet and vehicle transportation. For instance, a dispatcher can get an overview of the vehicles that are turning and he (or she) can direct the closest vehicle to the expected address.
Live GPS trackers are especially beneficial for cargo companies, taxi organizations, hospitals, etc. that will need to get the exact location of the least vehicle to their customers in order to meet immediate needs.
Learn more about how real-time GPS tracking can boost transport operations!
7 Safety Tips For Commerical Truck Drivers
- Plan your route carefully: Always plan your route in advance to avoid any areas that may be at high risk for theft or crime. Stick to well-lit and busy roads as much as possible.
- Keep your vehicle secure: Make sure your truck is locked and secured at all times when it’s parked. Use high-quality locks and alarms to deter theft and consider installing a GPS tracking system to help locate your vehicle if it is stolen.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Stay alert and aware of your surroundings, especially when parking or making deliveries in unfamiliar areas. Look out for any suspicious activity and report any concerns to the authorities.
- Avoid sharing sensitive information: Don’t share any sensitive information about your load or route with anyone who doesn’t need to know. This includes other drivers, dispatchers, and anyone you meet on the road.
- Stick to the schedule: Stick to your planned schedule as much as possible and avoid making unscheduled stops or detours. This will help minimize the risk of theft and ensure that you reach your destination on time.
- Use secure parking areas: Whenever possible, park in secure, well-lit areas that are monitored by security cameras. Avoid parking in secluded or poorly lit areas.
- Check your load: Regularly check your load to make sure that everything is secure and hasn’t been tampered with. If you notice any signs of tampering or damage, report it immediately.
Preventing Driving Accidents In Company Vehicles
With a commercial truck tracking device, companies can also keep tabs on the speed at which the running vehicles in their fleet are running. This can help you ensure that your drivers are not moving too fast (or too slow for that matter).
GPS fleet tracking can help you to avoid the inefficient consumption of fuel and thereby help you to avoid any extra costs on fuel. Also, there are fines and sanctions that come from the blatant violation of speed limit laws. In the worst case, accidents can also happen. This is why with the ability to track your vehicles, you can increase safety on the road and ensure that you don’t spend any extra cash on unnecessary fines. Essentially, GPS satellite tracking helps in automobile management by ensuring that peed and fuel are optimized.
Related Article: preventing accidents with GPS.
Monitoring Commercial Truck Driver Performance
For companies that provide transportation and movement services, it is necessary to get information about the exact time when vehicles depart and arrive at various locations. This will help them to effectively plan on how to optimally use the workforce at their disposal. Thanks to the wonder of GPS technology, these companies can inform their customers about when a sent package or piece of cargo will be delivered by their services. Accountability increases efficiency, and GPS management can definitely help with that. Here are 5 ways additional ways truck tracking systems can help companies do more than simply track and trace assets:
- Receive updates for vehicle maintenance (preventative maintenance)
- Record vehicle idling time
- Cut fuel costs
- Observe historical driving records with GPS fleet tracking software
- Get real time vehicle diagnostics such as temperature monitoring
Learn more about the benefits of GPS for truck drivers!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Commercial Vehicle GPS Tracking Benefit Your Trucking Company?
Yes! Commercial vehicle GPS tracking can improve fleet efficiency, reduce fuel costs, and optimize route planning. Real-time GPS tracking and customized reporting can provide valuable insights into fleet operations, allowing for data-driven decisions that can improve overall performance. In fact, companies like Tracking System Direct offer GPS tracking solutions specifically designed for commercial trucking companies.
Can GPS Asset Tracking Help Reduce Theft Of Your Commercial Trucking Fleet?
Yes! GPS asset tracking can help trucking companies monitor their fleet in real-time and reduce the risk of theft. How? By providing valuable insights into asset location and status, GPS asset tracking solutions can help companies optimize asset usage, reduce theft, and improve asset maintenance. There really is no better way for trucking companies to improve their fleet security.
How Much Do Commercial Truck GPS Tracking Systems Cost?
The average cost for a commercial truck tracking device that provides live GPS tracking updates is between $99.00-$299.00, depending on the features the company needs. Data plans + subscription fees for online software can range from $9.95-$34.95 a month per device. Some real time tracking devices for fleet management such as the Teletrac Navman or Verizon Connect can be more cost-effective, but the vehicle tracking devices would require a contractual obligation for one or two years. Therefore, each fleet management system would have significant fees if you wanted to cancel service for the GPS vehicle tracking device.
Matthew is a freelance writer who is passionate about technology, music, photography, and decentralized finance.
- How GPS Tracking Software Is Helping Commercial Trucking Fleets
- Best Commercial Vehicle Tracker 2023
- 7 Safety Tips For Commerical Truck Drivers