GPS Tracking Devices For Sale -Price List In 2023
Are you looking for a car GPS tracker and feel a little overwhelmed when comparing tracking system costs? We feel you! The truth is there are a lot of great GPS fleet tracking products on the market designed to bust unsafe driving, track your vehicle’s health, and cut fuel costs for your business. However, it is hard to know if you are getting the best online deal for fleet vehicles. Our security experts scoured the interwebs to find the lowest online prices for the top portable GPS trackers. Below are the results from our team who did a deep dive into tracker costs. Enjoy!
Best Overall Car GPS Tracker By Value
- Discover The Driving Habits Of Your Teenager
- Know Where Your Loved Ones Are 24/7
- Only $19.95 Per Vehicle Per Month
SpaceHawk is the best overall magnetic car tracker, beating out many other products such as SpyTec GL300 and Vyncs GPS tracker. The reason why? SpaceHawk is the first and only portable GPS tracker that will give you the realtime location of any vehicle as quickly as every 3 seconds. Not to mention other awesome features such as geofencing, speed alerts, and lifetime access to your historical driving records. Shape positive driving behaviors, reduce fuel costs, or bust employees misusing company vehicles with this top-rated mini GPS tracker.
GPS Tracking Device Cost – Best Online Pricing For Top Brands
Whether you are purchasing tracking systems on Amazon or direct from the manufacturer of the GPS device, here are the top-rated realtime GPS products and the lowest prices we found online as of January 19th, 2023.
- SpaceHawk GPS Vehicle Tracker – $89.00 with free shipping at SpaceHawkGPS.com
- LandAirSea Overdrive Tracker Device – $199.00 with free shipping at LandAirSea.com
- Tracki Mini GPS – $18.88 at Amazon.com
- Bouncie GPS – $77.00 at Bouncie.com
- MotoSafety GPS Tracker – $29.99 with $9.99 expedited shipping at Motosafety.com
- Vyncs GPS – $79.99 at Amazon.com
- Brickhouse Security Spark Nano 7 – $17.95 with free 2nd-day shipping at BrickhouseSecurity.com
- Americaloc GL300 Car GPS– $21.50 at Amazon.com
- SpyTec GPS Car Tracker – $39.95 with free 2nd-day shipping at shop.SpyTec.com
Please note that all of the vehicle GPS trackers mentioned above require a monthly data plan for operational costs. Some also require activation fees and cancellation fees. So please speak to a sales rep about the full tracking cost before investing in any GPS vehicle tracking device.
What You Need To Ask Before Buying A GPS Tracker For Vehicles
Before you move forward with buying a fleet management system there are some very important questions you should ask your sales rep about GPS monthly fees. Oh, and if they don’t answer the phone, that is a giant red flag and you should move on. Here are 9 questions you need to ask about data plans before you buy a location tracking device for your vehicle:
- What is my cost for the monthly data plan?
- Are there any activation fees or cancellation fees?
- Are there any discounts if I pay for data in full for a year or two years?
- How does the monthly fee compare to other GPS tracking providers?
- What is the policy on canceling or changing the subscription plan?
- How flexible are the plans? Are there options to upgrade or downgrade my data plan?
- What kind of customer support is available for troubleshooting and technical issues related to the subscription?
- Are there any usage limits or data caps associated with the subscription?
- Are there any additional features or services that come with the subscription?
How Much Does It Cost To Run A GPS Tracker?
The cost to run a GPS tracker will vary based on the type of device, monthly subscription plan, and how long you plan on using the vehicle tracker. Most realtime GPS tracking systems require a monthly or annual subscription fee. If you want a magnetic car tracker to catch a cheating spouse, you would only need to buy the GPS device and pay for a month of GPS data. This monthly data plan will range between $6.95 to $44.95. Why such a drastic difference in the price? The faster the GPS tracker provides real time location updates the more expensive it will be. For example, a car tracker with a refresh time of every 3 minutes will have lower monthly costs than advanced GPS tracking systems that update as quickly as every 3 seconds.
Why Do GPS Trackers Require A Subscription?
GPS fleet tracking systems require a monthly subscription fee to cover the cost of cellular data usage. This is because realtime tracking devices rely on a cellular connection to transmit your vehicle’s location data to a cloud-based server. So what does that mean? Basically, your mini GPS tracker uses cellular data to send location information to the server, and this data usage is the reason for the subscription fee. You are paying for data.
How Much Does It Cost To Get A GPS Car Tracker Installed?
The cost to get a GPS car tracker installed on your business vehicles will vary depending on several factors, including the type of fleet management device, the complexity of the installation, and the location of the installation.
For example, a hardwired truck tracking device with a starter disable feature needs to be installed directly into the car’s electrical system, and therefore, the cost will be more than a dash cam that can be attached to the front windshield. The installation of a hardwired asset tracking solution will require professional installation services, which can cost anywhere from $150.00 to $400.00.
One way to keep the cost lower is to invest in a car locator that pulls power from the OBDii port, as this type of plugin tracker can be installed without any technical experience.
Matthew is a freelance writer who is passionate about technology, music, photography, and decentralized finance.
- GPS Tracking Devices For Sale -Price List In 2023