GPS Tracking Babies – Everything Parents Need To Know
Are you a new parent worried about the safety of your baby? We totally understand. If you are a working parent with a nanny, caregiver, or family member helping you care for your newborn it makes perfect sense that you would want to know the location history of your baby. The good news is there are a lot of location sharing products for parents that will give you the exact location of your baby 24/7. And the bad news? With so many location trackers to choose from, finding the right gizmo watch or child GPS tracker with SOS button can be a challenge. So what is the best GPS tracker for kids, and what are the upfront costs when you invest in a tracking device for kids? In this article, we will go over everything you need to know about GPS tracking for babies. Let’s dive in!
What Is The Best GPS Tracker For Babies?
Top 5 GPS Trackers And Devices For Babies & Kids – On Amazon
Below is a list of the 5 most popular trackers for kids based on Amazon reviews:
- Jiobit Smart Tag: small, durable, and long-lasting personal GPS tracker designed for kids and pets that allows parents to track their whereabouts, set geofences, and receive notifications using a mobile app. Jiobit is considered one of the top child safety products.
- Angelsense GPS Trackers: Angelsense kids GPS tracker is designed for monitoring and providing the live location of children and special needs individuals.
- Samsung SmartThings Tracker: This is a small, portable device that utilizes GPS and LTE-M technology to track the location of people, pets, and other items and allows them to be located through a smartphone app.
- Geozilla GPS Tracker: The Geozilla GPS Tracker is a mini GPS tracker designed for children and other family members, that utilizes GPS and cellular technology to track their location and allows parents to monitor and locate them through a smartphone app or web interface.
- XPLORA x5 Play Kids Watch: This is a real time tracker watch specifically designed for children that includes GPS tracking, phone call and messaging capabilities, and a parent-controlled “safe zone” feature for added safety and security
According to GPS Tracking Review, child GPS trackers require a monthly subscription fee. The monthly costs are for cellular service and data usage, which are necessary for the GPS locator to transmit data in real time. This is also the reason why every child GPS tracker is equipped with a SIM card. Therefore, it is important for parents to consider the cost of the subscription required over time and compare it with the features offered by the device.
Tips For Keeping Your Newborn Safe
Nancy Price, mother, and owner of Sheknows, worked at a hospital as a cuddler for many years and has seen baby theft first-hand. “Sadly, I have been around situations where a family had their newborn baby stolen or switched and the setting is heartbreaking”, Price said. Price has provided the following tips to help parents keep their newborns safe.
Before Birth Baby Tips: Expecting parents should take a tour of the hospital grounds and meet staff so they know which faces are familiar. Parents should also ask nurses important questions about daily routines and more.
After The Birth Baby Tips: After a baby is born the mother and baby will receive matching identification bracelets. Parents should memorize these numbers to ensure they match. Also, as soon as the baby is born parents should make notes about the physical characteristics of the baby such as hair color and amount, body type, and length.
At-Home Baby Tips: Neighbors and strangers will easily see that a person had a child when a lawn and home are cluttered with banners and decorations that say “It’s A Girl!”. Parents need to keep a close eye on the newborn at all times and be suspicious of anything unusual.
Can I Put A GPS Tracker On My Baby?
Yes, if you are the parent or legal guardian of the child have the legal right to use a mini GPS tracker to monitor your baby. However, parents should be cautious when placing a GPS device on a baby as it could pose a choking hazard.
Can I Use Apple AirTags To Track My Child?
Apple AirTags are personal GPS trackers designed to help you locate and track items such as wallets, keys, and backpacks. However, parents could also use using an Apple AirTag as a GPS tracker to keep a watchful eye on their babies. First of all, you need to access the “Find My” app on your iPhone. Next, attach the AirTag to the baby’s stroller, open the “Find My” app, and locate the AirTag on the map.
Can You Put A Tracker On The Stroller?
Yes, you can easily place a mini tracker device in your baby’s stroller to get the live location of that stroller in order to safely track your child. In fact, many parents who hire nannies will use a kid’s GPS tracker to view a childs’ locations.
Can I Use Apple Watch To Track My Child?
The Apple GPS Watch offers several key benefits, with one of the most notable being its ability to ensure the safety of children. With its integrated GPS tracking, parents can monitor their child’s location at all times, providing peace of mind and a useful tool in case of getting lost or wander off.
Matthew is a freelance writer who is passionate about technology, music, photography, and decentralized finance.
- GPS Tracking Babies – Everything Parents Need To Know