10 Best Motorcycle GPS Trackers -Buyer’s Guide 2022
Are you looking to increase theft prevention on your Honda, Yamaha, or Harley Davidson motorcycle? Of course, you are! The fact is nearly 10,000 motorcycle bike thefts happened in California alone in 2020, all of which could have been recovered if an anti-theft device locator was equipped on the asset to track location. Having a motorbike stolen sucks, especially when a motorcycle can quickly be recovered with a portable real time GPS.
GPS tracking devices have different features that make them ideal for motorcycle theft prevention. The problem is that there are numerous real-time location tracking options on the market that all claim to be the best device for motorcycle riders. But what is the best GPS location tracker?
We researched battery life, historical data, power source, location device cost, how quickly the device provides real-time updates, technical support, and more when determining the top GPS trackers for bikes. According to our detailed analysis, SpaceHawk mini GPS was the best. This tracking device for car or motorcycle beat out Spytec GL300, Amcrest GPS, and Invoxia GPS trackers as the top motorcycle tracking device available in the market for 2022. Below, you can find our complete list!
Top 10 Mini GPS Devices To Track My Stolen Motorcycle
1. SpaceHawk Mini GPS For Motorcycle
Our top overall pick among portable real time tracking devices for motorcycles, SpaceHawk is everything you need in a location tracker. The rugged, waterproof design of this motorcycle tracking device makes it perfect for use in difficult conditions. Not to mention, the magnetic mount allows you to hide the real-time GPS tracking unit anywhere on your bike. The best part? You can use SpaceHawk for tracking an ATV, snowmobile’s or, motorcycle’s location!
More dynamic than an Apple AirTag and more powerful than any other real time GPS tracker on this list SpaceHawk can be purchased for less than $100 and is backed with free technical support for the life of the product!
- Free technical support for the life of the product
- This tracking device can withstand temperatures as low as -4oF and as high as 140oF.
- Subscription plans start at $19.95 and can update the location as fast as 3 seconds
- GPS tracker for car or motorcycle works in USA + Canada
- Lifetime access to historical real time tracking data
- GPS tracker with magnet also has a shockproof, waterproof, and dustproof casing
- Motorcycle alarm via text and email if bike is stolen
|Waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof casing||2-3 Week battery life|
|Free technical support for life||Does not work with offline maps|
|Real time updates every 3 seconds|
2. SpyTec GL300 Personal GPS Tracker For Motorcycle
Additionally, it also offers a mobile app and web platform for live tracking of motorcycles and vehicles, along with history data. You will need to purchase a waterproof case for mini real-time GPS and a monthly fee for data, but overall, the SpyTec GL300 is a great device to prevent motorcycle theft.
- This real-time car GPS tracker has a lithium-ion battery that will last for 1.5 weeks
- The uptime service of the Spytec GL300 GPS tracker is 99.99%, making it very reliable
- It offers customized geofencing and will give alters whenever the geo-fenced area is breached
- An extended battery pack is also available with this vehicle tracking device that will enhance the battery life to 6 months
- It will provide the real-time location of the vehicle every five seconds
- The cloud-based technology of this GPS app is very fast and secure
- It provides an SOS button for emergencies
|24/7 location alerts||Separate purchase of extended battery pack|
|Fast and secure technology||Expensive monthly fee for data|
|SOS button and long battery life|
3. Americaloc GL300W GPS For Motorcycle
Americaloc can be used as a motorcycle or car tracker, allowing you to manage multiple vehicles with the online software. This GPS tracker for vehicles will promptly give alerts via SMS, notifications, or emails whenever the vehicle goes out of the geofenced area.
- You can set up 100 geofenced areas simultaneously with this motorcycle tracking device
- You can check the location and route history data up till one year back from the current period
- This real-time GPS tracker provides multiple options for advanced searches, such as date, time, location, or activity
- You can create and manage custom routes with this GPS device
- Real time GPS tracker provides immediate alerts whenever a geofenced area is breached
|Managing 100 custom geofences simultaneously||Difficult to understand the customizations|
|1-year historical data storage and retrieval|
|Tracking speed limit violations|
Check out a more detailed write-up on this car tracker by Gadget Review by CLICKING HERE
4. Amcrest Mini GPS Tracker For Motorcycle
- Dynamic run trip option within the app that allows the user to replay the past route
- It has a pre-installed battery pack that lasts for 14 days before requiring a recharge
- This car GPS tracker is IPX5 waterproof, and therefore, it is perfect for outdoor use
- Tracker locator has a sensory motion feature and will save battery energy when not in use
- You can easily retrieve history data of location and route
|Customer reports and options within the app||Separate purchase of magnetic casing|
|Waterproof with ultra-sensitive 3-way accelerometer|
5. Optimus 2.0 GPS Tracker For Motorcycle
- GPS tracking device provides real time location updates every 10 seconds
- It has low monthly fee subscriptions against a bundle of features
- The tracker’s accelerometer has a motion detection feature that will disable the tracker for conserving battery when not in use
- This vehicle GPS tracker has a lithium polymer battery that lasts for two weeks
|A dual magnet for mounting purposes||A protective case is required for enhanced durability|
|Low-cost monthly subscriptions|
|Location updates every 10 second|
6. LandAirSea 54 Motorcycle GPS Tracker
Moreover, this magnetic GPS tracker is very small, making it easy to hide in a glovebox or under a vehicle. It has a long battery life and will provide pin-perfect location updates.
- This real time GPS tracker has a built-in strong magnet for easy installation
- It has a 2.25” circumference and 0.8” thickness, making it small and easy to handle
- This car GPS tracker is waterproof and has a pre-installed protective casing
- The battery of this tracker can go on for two weeks before needing a recharge
- This mini real-time GPS tracker is accurate within six feet of the vehicle
|Built-in magnet and protective casing||Requires the use of a web platform to access all features|
|Compact GPS tracker with location accuracy within six feet|
|Withstanding all conditions|
7. Trak4 Portable GPS For Motorcycles
The composition of this tracking device has built-in screw mounts to attach it firmly to the vehicle. The commercial-grade material of this tracker makes it more durable than the rest of the GPS trackers. You can easily manage various vehicles simultaneously with its user-friendly mobile app.
- Personal GPS tracker has a lithium polymer battery that lasts for 18 months
- This GPS tracking device is waterproof, weather resistant, and durable
- It is easily rechargeable after 18 months using a micro-USB cable
- This GPS locator offers customizable location updates per the user’s requirements
|18 months battery life||Heavier than other trackers|
|Waterproof, weatherproof, durable||Large logo, giving an unattractive look|
8. Tkstar TK905 GPS Tracker For Motorcycle
Tkstar motorcycle tracking device has a built-in magnetic component for mounting it easily. The security settings of this dynamic tracker are customizable from a dedicated mobile app. Furthermore, you can also remotely listen to the audio around this tracker device.
- The best security feature of this device is that it provides a shock alarm in case of an attempted robbery
- This real-time GPS tracker has a battery life of 60 days and is easily rechargeable
- It is durable and waterproof, owing to the IP65 casing
- This tracker will sound an alarm if the vehicle leaves the geofenced area without authorization
- It has five built-in magnetic strips for mounting it firmly to the vehicle
- The smartphone app of this GSM GPS tracker provides an array of different features and security settings customizations
|60 days battery life||Need to purchase a GSM SIM card for use|
|Remote audio monitoring||Difficult to comprehend initially|
|Shock alarm, waterproof casing, built-in magnet|
9. PrimeTracking Live GPS For Motorcycle
There is no latency in the provision of location data as it is empowered with Google Maps. The user-friendly interface of this tracking device will assist in route tracking. Moreover, it will also alert you if you go out of the course on a pre-planned route.
- It is a 3” long device; easy to handle and install
- This GPS tracker provides alerts for route tracking and geofenced area
- It can cover an unlimited distance range for providing location services
- The GPS tracking device has hyper-sensitive motion detectors
- You can also place the live GPS tracker inside your bag, pocket, or anywhere else you want
|Unlimited coverage distance||No mounting case or built-in magnet is provided|
|Hyper-sensitive motion detector|
|Multi-purpose due to small size|
10. Trackmate Mini 3G GPS Tracker For Motorcycle
The best part is that you no need to worry about the battery life of this mini-GPS tracker as it is powered by the battery of the vehicle. You can also cut off the ignition remotely through the mobile app or web platform to prevent theft. You can easily hide it in your motorcycle due to its compact size.
- This mini tracker is hardwired with the electrical componentry of the vehicle.
- You can remotely control ignition via an app or web platform in case of attempted theft
- IP65 casing makes this mini-GPS tracker waterproof
- You will also get alerts if someone tampers with the tracking device or disconnects it
|Anti-theft features, remote ignition control||Difficult to install (hardwiring)|
|Internal battery and hardwired power supply|
|IP65 waterproof casing|
What To Consider When Buying Motorcycle GPS Trackers
Geofencing, tampering alters, waterproof design, location updates, and hyper-sensitive motion detectors are the key security features you should consider while researching motorcycle GPS tracking devices. We believe the most important factor though is the design of a magnet mount. This keeps the footprint of the anti-theft tracker small and easy to hide on a motorbike.
GPS Tracker Technology
Different manufacturers utilize different types of technology when manufacturing GPS tracking devices. Compatibility with 3G or 4G networks, mobile app functionality, and cellular data modules are things that can make or break a real time GPS tracking device. The type of technology employed in manufacturing will impact the speed, accuracy, and reliability of the tracking device.
Battery power is one of the most critical factors affecting the reliability of a motorcycle or car GPS tracker. You should check the battery life of any motorcycle GPS tracking device before making the purchase. Also, the update rate could impact battery life so make sure you speak to the manufacturer or reseller about how that. It is preferable to choose trackers that have at least two weeks of battery life.
Which Is the Best Motorcycle GPS Tracker?
The SpaceHawk real time GPS is the best motorcycle tracker in terms of speed, accuracy, and functionalities. The GPS locator has good battery life, awesome technical support, and will provide live tracking results every three seconds. This mini GPS tracker will also provide anti-theft alerts along with geofenced notifications so you know the very moment your motorcycle is stolen.
What Is The Best Way To Track My Stolen Motorcycle?
GPS tracking devices are the best way to track a stolen motorcycle. Real time GPS trackers can provide the pinpoint location of a luxury vehicle, car, motorcycle, bike, or any asset. If you equip a motorcycle GPS tracking system on your motorcycle, you can easily monitor the bike remotely via a web-based platform or mobile app. In fact, the device can even alert you the very second your motorcycle is stolen so you can quickly recover the stolen motor bike!
Where Can I Hide A GPS Tracker On A Motorcycle?
Most motorcycle GPS tracking devices can be mounted anywhere due to the magnet mount design or accessory waterproof case with a magnet mount. However, it is recommended to place a hidden GPS tracker near the motorcycle battery or anywhere the mini GPS won’t be visible. The underside of a bike’s tail is another great location to hide a motorcycle GPS tracker.
Matthew is a freelance writer who is passionate about technology, music, photography, and decentralized finance.
- 10 Best Motorcycle GPS Trackers -Buyer’s Guide 2022
- Top 10 Mini GPS Devices To Track My Stolen Motorcycle
- 1. SpaceHawk Mini GPS For Motorcycle
- 2. SpyTec GL300 Personal GPS Tracker For Motorcycle
- 3. Americaloc GL300W GPS For Motorcycle
- 4. Amcrest Mini GPS Tracker For Motorcycle
- 5. Optimus 2.0 GPS Tracker For Motorcycle
- 6. LandAirSea 54 Motorcycle GPS Tracker
- 7. Trak4 Portable GPS For Motorcycles
- 8. Tkstar TK905 GPS Tracker For Motorcycle
- 9. PrimeTracking Live GPS For Motorcycle
- 10. Trackmate Mini 3G GPS Tracker For Motorcycle
- What To Consider When Buying Motorcycle GPS Trackers
- Which Is the Best Motorcycle GPS Tracker?
- What Is The Best Way To Track My Stolen Motorcycle?
- Where Can I Hide A GPS Tracker On A Motorcycle?
- Top 10 Mini GPS Devices To Track My Stolen Motorcycle