Government Agencies Use GPS Technology
Law enforcement agents and private investigators specializing in detective work are finding a new and efficient way of monitoring suspects thanks to sophisticated and reliable GPS tracking technology. Law enforcement personnel typically have a comprehensive background and specialized training in criminal investigations, conducting interviews, and gathering evidence. GPS tracking systems provide police enforcement and government agencies with the tools necessary to quickly gather driving-related data such as addresses arrived, speeds driven, addresses departed, stops made, and more. Information that can be critical in any investigation.
Vehicle tracking systems have been used by private investigators, police departments, and government agencies as a way to gather evidence against arsonists, burglars, car thieves, drug traffickers, murders, terrorists and more. Both real-time tracking systems such as the SpaceHawk GPS, and GPS data loggers such as the Driving Activity Reporter are used by various branches of law enforcement such as:
- United States Border Patrol
- Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI)
- Local, County And State Police Departments
- Bureau Of Land Management (BLM)
- Bureau Of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms And Explosives (ATF)
- Dept. Of Homeland Security
- United States Forest Service
- The United States Marine Corps
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- United States Department Of Justice
Law enforcement and government agencies are able to conduct extensive investigations at a low cost with the help of GPS tracking technology. GPS vehicle trackers give law enforcement the ability to monitor potential criminals 24 hours a day without having to send an officer out into the field. This is essential because of the consistent cut-backs many agencies face every year, and especially now in a global economic crisis. GPS tracking systems allow law enforcement to work on a tight budget and still effectively and efficiently fight crime!
Law Enforcement GPS Tracking Devices
There are a number of different surveillance solutions on the market for government agencies to choose from, but what law enforcement GPS tracking systems are the best? According to security experts, the top 5 law enforcement GPS tracker devices are as follow:
- PlayBack GPS: a data logger with a global footprint that can track every single second.
- SpaceHawk GPS: a simple real time law enforcement GPS tracker that can easily be hidden on any suspect’s vehicle.
- SilverCloud OverDrive: the longest-lasting battery of any law enforcement GPS tracker on the market today.
- GPS Tracking Key: a cost-effective, simple, and no monthly fee law enforcement GPS tracker.
- iTrail Solo: a personal law enforcement GPS tracker that is ideal for government authorities traveling overseas.
Law Enforcement Covert GPS Tracking
One of the most important features of any law enforcement GPS tracker is that it must be covert with military GPS accuracy. That is why the best law enforcement GPS tracking systems are engineered to be small, portable, waterproof, and most importantly, have a surface magnetic mount for easy covert placement. This allows a government agency to quickly and easily attach a tracker to the outside of any vehicle they want to monitor. The practice of placing a hidden law enforcement GPS tracker on a vehicle has resulted in the conviction of people committing crimes such as arson, kidnapping, and murder.