Transportation And Logistics For Increased Productivity
Commercial trucking operations require a significant amount of planning, management, and coordination. This is the reason why real time GPS tracking devices are now frequently called upon in the commercial trucking and transport industries. But what exactly are GPS trackers for commercial vehicles, and how do they help enhance efficiency? Let’s take a look at the real time GPS tracking systems changing the fleet management game, and discuss the benefits of vehicle tracking devices.
Premium GPS To Monitor Your Fleet
Connect Live GPS Fleet Tracking
- Realtime Tracking 24/7 On Your Cell Phone
- Award-Winning GPS Fleet Tracking Software
- Shape Driver Behavior & Cut Fuel Consumption
- Locate A Stolen Vehicle Instantly
- Vehicle GPS Provides Increased Productivity
Commercial Truck Tracking Devices
Transport vehicles that call upon GPS fleet tracking solutions do so for a number of different reasons. First of all, real time vehicle tracking devices provide the ability for managers to instantly locate every company truck operating in the field. This data can be extremely beneficial for businesses seeking to cut fuel costs and other inefficiencies related to poor route management utilization. Feet monitoring systems also extend additional benefits that include:
- Geofencing feature that sends out a real-time alert when a truck or commercial vehicle is moved.
- Automotive security that allows a company to instantly locate a truck or commercial vehicle if it is stolen.
- Speed alerts can be used to determine if company drivers are operating business vehicles at dangerous rates of speed.
- Moonlighting identification through live GPS tracking will let managers know if a driver is misusing company equipment, or going to places they should not be.
Real time GPS tracking systems for transport operations can update as quickly as every 3 seconds which means a consistent record of vehicle driving activity. This live GPS data can be viewed on a mobile phone or computer, and all data is accessible 24/7. However, one of the coolest things is that information from the truck tracking device can be viewed in real time or at a later time. This is because the historical driving activity is stored for months and sometimes years, depending on the service provider chosen.
Truck Tracking App
As mentioned earlier, through the use of a live GPS tracker both real time and historical driving activity can be accessed. This is done by either connecting to online GPS satellite software through a website or using a free truck tracking app. The benefit of using the free truck tracking app on iPhone or Android is that it gives business instant access to where commercial trucks or other company vehicles are located right on the spot! This makes it easy to more accurately predict arrival times for deliveries and more. The best part is the technology powering real time GPS tracking systems can be used to monitor transport vans, commercial trucks, standard vehicles, refrigerated trucks, and any other automotive assets.
Managing a fleet of vehicles can be an arduous task, but GPS technology is making the entire process easier through the use of online software and live GPS tracking hardware that can pinpoint a truck or automobile consistently and accurately. This is the reason why real time GPS tracking systems for transport operations are growing in demand and will continue to do so.