7 Best GPS Fleet Tracking Solutions – Manage Business Vehicles In Real Time
Are you tired of employees saying that they were at a job site only to have customers tell you no one showed up? Or maybe you want to make sure employees are safely operating fleet vehicles? The truth is GPS vehicle tracking devices can increase your fleet’s performance in a variety of ways. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of GPS tracking solutions, and share our picks of the best GPS fleet tracker devices for small businesses.
Plug & Play GPS: Top Overall GPS Fleet Tracker 2023
- Track Vehicle’s Location 24/7
- GPS Vehicle Tracking With No Monthly Fees
- Catch Employees Who Are Mis-Using Work Vehicles
- User-Friendly Fleet Management Software
Plug & Play is the first fleet management solution designed to help your small businesses track all the vehicles in your fleet. And the best part? This vehicle tracker has no monthly subscription fees! Simply connect this real time GPS tracking device to the OBD2 port of your vehicle and start getting answers. Answer about vehicle diagnostic data, harsh braking, vehicle idling, and how fast your drivers are really going. If you want to discover the truth, monitor drivers, and improve fleet efficiency, Plug & Play is the solution for your business.
Additional unique features include vehicle idling time recording, and unlimited realtime GPS updates every 3 seconds. This is 10-20x faster than other OBD car GPS tracker options such as Vyncs, MotoSafety, and Linxup.
Bottom Line: This is the best overall OBD2 GPS fleet tracker with no monthly fees.
SpaceHawk: Best Wireless GPS Car Tracker For Small Fleets
There are a lot of real time GPS tracking devices on the market to help businesses manage vehicles. But what is the best GPS fleet tracking small business solution? According to online reviews, the answer is a car tracking device called SpaceHawk.
SpaceHawk 4G tracker is an affordable, wireless fleet GPS tracker that can provide live updates on vehicle location, detailed driving reports, and real time speed alerts. SpaceHawk makes tracking a vehicle fleet simpler than ever. All you need to do is place this covert GPS tracker on your company vehicle than view the data from a free GPS tracking app. No backup batteries are required with SpaceHawk. Simply remove the tracker from your business vehicle and recharge it via USB whenever the battery is low.
Bottom Line: SpaceHawk is the best wireless GPS tracker for small businesses.
Verizon Connect: ELD Compliant Commercial Dash Cam
Verizon Connect is a comprehensive GPS fleet tracking solution that is ideal for midsize businesses and fleet managers. The fleet tracking platform is highly customizable and meets ELD compliance regulations. The popular dash cam offers geofencing, mapping, reporting features and detailed fleet analytics. The software is hardware-agnostic, so you can access your fleet data from a variety of devices.
Verizon Connect is more customizable than most of its competitors, and its plans are flexible and easily scalable as your business grows. Some of the features we love include driver scorecards, in-cab fleet dashcams, fuel cards, vehicle maintenance tracking, and speed alerts. If your company has a large number of fleet vehicles, Verizon provides driver training and educational resources to help you use the platform effectively.
We should note, the Verizon Connect platform may have a bit of a learning curve. Not to mention, the fleet tracking solution requires a 36-month service contract. Despite this, the car GPS dash camera is a powerful tool for fleet safety.
Bottom Line: This is a solid brand name dash camera, but there is a service contract and $40 monthly subscription per vehicle.
Black Tiger GPS: Best Solar Powered Trailer Asset Tracker
If your company needs a trailer tracking solution for auto theft security, the solar powered Black Tiger GPS is what we recommend. Black Tiger GPS offers a smarter and easier solution powered by advanced solar and cellular technology. The best part? The asset tracking devices are perfect for trailers and have a super easy install!
Installed on the roof or side a trailer, the Black Tiger solar GPS makes sure you never lose your trailers again. How? The solar telematics updates every 10 minutes when your trailer is moving. Black Tiger solar equipment tracking device also reports every 4 hours when your trailer is parked. And of course, you can set geofences to instantly be alerted if your trailer is stolen!
Bottom Line: Black Tiger solar GPS is a great tool if you want to protect your cargo and trailers.
Samsara: Best GPS Fleet For Temperature Tracking
Samsara temperature monitoring tracker is FSMA compliance for for and beverage shipping. So if you are transporting cargo that needs to stay cool, the Samsara GPS fleet tracker is the device for you. This GPS uses wireless, waterproof sensors to capture real-time and historical temperature and humidity data. With this technology, you can ensure product quality by monitoring temperatures in-transit to prevent product spoilage and rejected deliveries.
Additionally, the Samsara fleet tracker simplifies FSMA compliance with automated, continuous temperature logging that allows you to pull temperature records on-demand. The powerful combination of wireless sensors and instant alerts also increase your operating efficiency by providing visibility and control of your entire cold chain operation. Real-time, to-the-second, cloud-based alerts for fluctuations in temperature will automatically notify you when the temperature is out-of-range. This allows you to avoid spoilage and protect your bottom line! And our favorite part? Samsara GPS requires no software configuration, SIM card provisioning, or IT infrastructure. This makes it a great GPS locator for your vehicles, assets, and trailers.
Bottom Line: Samara temperature monitoring GPS tracker is the best for food and beverage fleet management.
Rexing V1: 4K Ultra HD Car Dash Camera
The Rexing V1 dash cam can save the day for your business. How is this Amazon top-selling dash cam a lifesaver for fleet management? This dash cam will monitor drivers using ultra HD and balanced footage, even in varying lighting conditions. The V1 dash cam has it all – a supercapacitor that can handle extreme temperatures, a parking monitor, Wifi connectivity, loop recording, and G-sensor functionality. These features make it the ultimate solution for monitoring and managing your business fleet of vehicles.
Bottom Line: Rexing V1 does not offer GPS tracking, but is a top-rated dash camera for fleet management.
With over 13,527 verified Amazon reviews, the Garmin DriveSmart 65 is one of the most popular GPS navigation systems. As a business looking for a GPS fleet management tool, you’ll appreciate the features packed into the Garmin GPS navigator. These include real time driver alerts and the ability to find places by name, meaning you’ll never be lost on the road again! The 6.95″ display, with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels, is easy to use with simple menus and bright, easy-to-see maps. This makes it a great fleet tracking platform for older drivers.
In addition, the navigator features voice-activated controls, live traffic and weather updates, and hands-free calling. These can all be paired with your driver’s mobile phone. Another cool feature of this navigator is the HISTORY network. This notifies a driver of notable historic sites and a U.S national parks directory!
Bottom Line: Garmin DriveSmart 65 is one of the best GPS navigation system for fleet management.
What Is GPS Fleet Management?
GPS fleet management refers to the ability to monitor and manage all mobile assets in real-time through the use of vehicle tracking devices. With access to real-time driving information like speed, stops, and GPS data, a fleet manager can use a tablet, computer, or mobile phone to manage an entire vehicle fleet.
GPS data can be used for various purposes, including theft recovery, revealing unauthorized use of company vehicles, tracking wear-and-tear on vehicles, and improving route and driver efficiency. By investing in GPS fleet management, you can enhance profitability and personal security for your business.
10 Benefits Of GPS Fleet Tracking Devices For Business
- Boost Driver Safety: By monitoring your drivers’ speed and behavior, you can prevent accidents and ensure the safety of your drivers and vehicles.
- Improve Fleet Utilization: With real-time GPS tracking, you can keep track of your vehicles’ locations, usage, and movements. This allows you to optimize your fleet utilization and reduce fuel consumption.
- Increase Productivity: By reducing the number of unnecessary trips and optimizing routes, GPS fleet management can increase the productivity of your team.
- Enhance Accountability: Real-time GPS fleet trackers can give you a detailed record of your drivers’ activities. This allows you to hold them accountable for any inappropriate actions and improve overall performance.
- Auto Theft Security: By always knowing where your vehicles are located, you can reduce the risk of theft and unauthorized use of your mobile assets.
- Improve Customer Service: Share the location of your drivers to provide your customers with accurate delivery times and better overall service.
- Save Money: By reducing fuel consumption, GPS fleet management can save you money by eliminating unnecessary trips.
- Get Detailed Reports: With GPS fleet tracking software, you can access detailed reports that show you how your vehicles are being used. This includes data such as where drivers going, and how much time is being spent on the road.
- Prevent Unauthorized Use: GPS tracking devices can be alert you if a vehicle is being used without authorization, allowing you to take appropriate action.
- Auto Insurance Discount: Many auto insurance providers will provide discounted insurance rates for businesses employing GPS fleet tracking devices. Why? Studies show GPS tracking solutions are the best way to improve driver behavior and recover your vehicles from theft.
Commercial Fleet GPS Tracking – What You Need To Know About ELD Mandates
Small businesses can boost their fleet’s performance with GPS tracking solutions. But for commercial trucking operations, it’s a must-have. Why? The ELD Mandate for electronic logging Devices. IFTA reporting requires truck drivers to use an ELD system to track hours-of-service. Certified and registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the ELD must provide clear guidelines for supporting documents and ban data harassment.
- Stay Compliant with the ELD Mandate: All commercial truck drivers must have an ELD system that can prepare hours-of-service records of duty status by the end of 2019. GPS fleet tracking systems meet these requirements and are certified and registered with FMCSA.
- Increased Productivity: GPS fleet tracking systems improve employee productivity and efficiency by reducing fuel costs, unauthorized trips, and liability.
- Improved Record Keeping: GPS fleet tracking software provide clear guidelines regarding all supporting documents truck drivers are required to maintain, and these documents are accessible in a digital format for review. These custom reports can also provide details such as driver ID and harsh driving behaviors
- Harassment: The ELD Mandate bans harassment of commercial truck drivers based on ELD data or GPS technology, such as fleet tracking systems.
- Streamline Fleet Management: GPS fleet tracking systems are the ultimate vehicle management solution that will modernize any fleet of vehicles and make it easier to oversee operations.
How We Evaluate & Test GPS Fleet Software
We test every GPS telematics solution by using them in real-world scenarios. This means battery life evaluations, hands-on use of mobile apps, and industry-standard benchmarks. We ensure the realtime tracking devices meet small business needs. That can mean looking at everything from reliability of live traffic data to accuracy of custom reports. After testing, we compare performance to competitors for accurate and fair recommendations.
Learn how we meticulously test each GPS car tracker by visiting our evaluation page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Employee GPS Tracking Legal?
Yes, your employer can legally monitor a company-owned vehicle you drive with a GPS tracking system. However, in some states, your employer is required to get consent from employees before tracking their vehicles. Please note, it is illegal for an employer to use GPS to track employee-owned vehicles without first getting the employee’s permission.
How Are GPS Systems Used In Agriculture?
GPS systems are utilized in agriculture and farm applications for mapping fields, determining optimal planting, guiding machinery, monitoring soil/crop health, and tracking inputs. They provide farmers with valuable data. This can GPS data can lead to increased yields and waste minimization, leading to sustainable and profitable farming.
Do I Need A GPS Fleet Tracker For My Small Business?
Yes! GPS fleet trackers improve vehicle management. This means reduced maintenance costs and better fleet efficiency through real-time locator tracking. Monitoring vehicle maintenance schedules and optimizing routes saves time and reduces expenses. What does that mean? It means GPS fleet tracking lower fuel costs and will improve safety of your entire fleet!
- 7 Best GPS Fleet Tracking Solutions – Manage Business Vehicles In Real Time
- Plug & Play GPS: Top Overall GPS Fleet Tracker 2023
- SpaceHawk: Best Wireless GPS Car Tracker For Small Fleets
- Verizon Connect: ELD Compliant Commercial Dash Cam
- Black Tiger GPS: Best Solar Powered Trailer Asset Tracker
- Samsara: Best GPS Fleet For Temperature Tracking
- Rexing V1: 4K Ultra HD Car Dash Camera
- Garmin DriveSmart 65 – Best Voice Controlled GPS Navigator
- What Is GPS Fleet Management?
- Commercial Fleet GPS Tracking – What You Need To Know About ELD Mandates