Car Theft Prevention Technology – Best Devices For Vehicle Owners
Car theft is a growing concern and one that you can’t afford to ignore if you are a business with delivery vehicles. But don’t worry, because there are some awesome products available on the market that can help you to protect your vehicle. These devices can be used in a variety of ways to make it more difficult for thieves to steal your car and help you safely recover it if you do become a victim of theft. From steering wheel locks to GPS trackers, car alarms to immobilizers, there’s a car theft prevention device that will help you protect your business vehicles. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best car theft prevention devices available, and help you pick the one that’s right for you!
Plug & Play GPS – Best Overall Solution For Theft Recovery
- Antitheft Device Alerts You When Car Is Moved
- Provides Realtime Updates With No Monthly Fees
- Never Worry About Your Vehicle Being Stolen Again
- No Installation Required (OBDii Port Connection)
- Track The Location Of Your Vehicle From iPhone or Android
- GPS Signals Work Anywhere In The United States
Has your business recently had a work vehicle stolen? Or maybe your personal vehicle was targeted by drug-addicted car thieves. Having a car or work vehicle stolen can create a significant inconvenience for you and that is why it is important to protect your assets with real time GPS tracking devices. Connect is the preferred OBD GPS tracker among consumers and businesses looking for a car anti-theft device. The award-winning real time GPS tracker sends live streaming updates every three (s) seconds (faster than Vyncs GPS tracker and SpyTec GL300), allowing you to track your vehicle without delays!
Tevlaphee Universal Steering Wheel Brake Lock
The Tevlaphee steering wheel lock is a device that is designed to prevent the theft of a vehicle by locking the steering wheel in place. The security device is easily installed by placing the lock on the car steering wheel and then using a key to secure it in place. The lock is made of durable materials and is resistant to tampering, making it an effective theft deterrent. The car antitheft device is also portable, making it easy to take with you when you’re away from your vehicle. When you are ready to drive, simply remove the lock and you’re good to go. Overall, it is a convenient and reliable option for preventing a stolen vehicle.
LATCH.IT – Best Antitheft Lock For Trailers & RVs
The LATCH.IT is an antitheft lock designed to provide additional security for the doors of recreational vehicles. This security device attaches to the door latch of the RV and prevents the door from being opened without the use of a key. This helps to deter break-ins and theft while the RV is parked and unoccupied. The lock is easy to install and remove and can be used on most types of RV doors. It is made of durable materials and is resistant to tampering, making it an effective way to keep your RV secure. This lock can also be used for other types of doors like storage units, sheds, trailers, and more. Overall, it is a convenient and reliable option for securing your RV and other types of doors.
Compustar CS7900-AS All-in-One 2-Way Remote Start and Alarm Bundle
The Compustar CS7900-AS is an all-in-one 2-way remote start and alarm bundle that helps prevent car theft by providing multiple layers of security. The audible alarm security device is designed to be installed in your vehicle and can help lower your auto insurance cover by providing a proven anti-theft solution. It’s a comprehensive and convenient security system that gives you peace of mind and convenience while providing you protection against car theft.
9 Simple Ways To Protect Your Vehicle From Car Thieves
- Use a GPS car tracker: A GPS tracker allows the car to be tracked if it is stolen, which can help the police to locate and recover the vehicle.
- Install a steering wheel lock: This is a simple and effective device that physically locks the steering wheel in place, making it difficult for thieves to steer the car.
- Use a car alarm: A loud car alarm can deter thieves and alert others to attempted theft.
- Use an immobilizer: An immobilizer prevents the car from starting without the presence of a specific key or fob, making it difficult for thieves to steal the car.
- Park in well-lit areas: This can be a good strategy to reduce the risk of theft, as thieves are less likely to target cars that are in plain view and around people.
- Use a steering column collar: This device makes it more difficult for thieves to remove the steering column, which is often a target in car thefts.
- Have a kill switch installed: This is an electronic switch that can be used to disable the car’s electrical system, making it inoperable.
- Use a smart car security system: These systems can use your smartphone to lock and unlock your car, set alarms, and even track the location of your car.
- Lock your car and take your car keys with you: This may seem like common sense, but not locking your truck, van, or automobile, and not leaving your car keys in your vehicle are simple steps that can prevent many car thefts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Most Effective Car Theft Prevention Method?
The most effective car theft prevention method is to use a combination of multiple methods such as steering wheel locks, car alarms, immobilizers, GPS tracking devices, and parking in well-lit and populated areas. This will make it more difficult for thieves to steal your car.
Why Is GPS Better Than Steering Wheel Locks Or Car Alarms For Anti Theft?
GPS tracking devices for cars are the only way to protect your vehicle from theft. Steering wheel locks and car alarms can all be manipulated by a motivated criminal, making your vehicle susceptible to theft, and leaving you without an automobile. Associated costs of having a vehicle stolen include:
- Payment Of A High Auto Insurance Deductible
- Rental Car Costs
- Missed Time From Work
- Higher Car Insurance Premiums
Having your vehicle stolen is stressful enough, but having to pay for all the associated costs can be a financial nightmare, which is even compounded if the vehicle stolen is a work vehicle. The great thing about real time tracking devices is they work on any type of vehicle, such as a car, motorcycle, boat, or recreational vehicle. Investing in a realtime GPS is the best way to be proactive in securing an asset.
How Many Vehicles Are Stolen Each Year?
In the United States, the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) reported 748,841 motor vehicle thefts in 2019. In Canada, the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) reported that in 2019, there were approximately 61,758 reported incidents of auto theft. In the UK, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) reported that in the year ending March 2020, there were 105,903 thefts of motor vehicles.
Matthew is a freelance writer who is passionate about technology, music, photography, and decentralized finance.
- Car Theft Prevention Technology – Best Devices For Vehicle Owners
- Plug & Play GPS – Best Overall Solution For Theft Recovery
- Tevlaphee Universal Steering Wheel Brake Lock
- LATCH.IT – Best Antitheft Lock For Trailers & RVs
- Compustar CS7900-AS All-in-One 2-Way Remote Start and Alarm Bundle