- 1 Car Tracking For Teen Drivers
- 1.1 Track A Teen Driver
- 1.2 Monitoring Driving Speed
- 1.3 What Is The Best Tracking Device For A Car
- 1.4 Teenage Driving Monitoring Apps
- 1.5 Teen GPS Tracker
- 1.6 Negative Influences On Teen Driving
- 1.7 Positive Influences On Teen Driving
Car Tracking For Teen Drivers
Best Teenage Driving Monitoring Devices
Track A Teen Driver
When a teen gets his or her license most parents get additional anxiety. With the number one killer of teens being car-related driving accidents, and 16-25 year old drivers being the number one age group ticketed by police for traffic violations, parents have good cause to feel anxious. Although the thought of a teen driver navigating the roadways alone can be worrisome for most parents, many have turned to technology to ease the stress. This technology is GPS for teen drivers and it is finally giving parents a tool to really observe safe teen driving!
GPS tracking systems allow parents to be proactive in modifying and shaping the driving behaviors of their teen, and actually help build trust between parent and teen. With a GPS vehicle tracking solution validating a teen is exhibiting responsible and cautious driving behaviors, many parents allow the teen to have MORE freedoms. Having the ability to always know where a teen is located provides a parent with a greater sense of assurance. And with GPS teen tracking systems providing real time vehicle speed alerts, concerned parents can be notified the very moment a teenager is driving at excessive rates of speed!
Monitoring Driving Speed
Teen Safety GPS Tracking
Teen GPS tracking devices can act as effective preventative mechanisms for many forms of negative driving behavior, and the primary negative behavior parents want to use a GPS for teen drivers is to monitor vehicle speed. Specifically, utilize a teen GPS tracker to make certain that a teenager is not driving at excessive rates of speed. The reason for this is that the statistics are crystal clear in showing that when a teen driver chooses to operate a vehicle at high rates of speed they significantly increase the chance they will be involved in a motor vehicle accident. Even worse is that teens who are involved in car crashes at high rates of speed are more likely to sustain substantial bodily injuries or even lose their lives. Speeding is very serious and when teen drivers engage in this high-risk driving behavior the consequences can literally be life-ending. Monitoring driving speed is probably the best reason for parents to use a teen GPS tracker.
Another positive impact that comes from using a teen driver GPS tracking solution is the additional freedoms many teen drivers receive. This is because when concerned parents use a teen GPS tracker they can feel comfort knowing that a teen driver is driving as safe as possible on the road. With that peace-of-knowing a teen driver is safe through the help of a GPS teen tracking system, parents often extend driving privileges. This results in teens getting more freedom and more driving time. The end result is a win/win for both parents and teen drivers!
When a teen driver knows that a GPS car tracker is monitoring there every move they begin to drive more safely and build a foundation of safe driving habits that will last a lifetime!
What Is The Best Tracking Device For A Car
GPS tracking teen drivers is a fantastic way for parents to know where a teenager is going while making certain they are driving safely, but with so many teen driver GPS systems on the market many parents can struggle to know what is the best tracking device for a car to monitor teen driving. According to the numbers, the type of teen GPS tracking device most frequently purchased by concerned parents are GPS data loggers. The reason why parents invest in GPS data loggers over other GPS teen monitoring systems is because the trackers do not require any monthly fees, record maximum speeds driven per day, document every place a teen driver parks the car, and the systems have magnetic mounts that make it easy to secretly conduct teen safety GPS tracking. After making the one-time purchase of a teen GPS tracker, parents can easily place a GPS data logger inside the vehicle of a teenage driver or covertly attach the teen GPS underneath the automobile. GPS data loggers then record driving information second-by-second to internal memory where parents can review in detail what a teenage driver was doing behind the wheel. All concerned parents need to do in order to review safe driving practices is remove the GPS teen monitoring device from the vehicle and download the teen GPS tracking data. The teen GPS tracking device will then provide detailed data that calls upon satellite image programs such as Google Maps and other reporting programs to show parents exactly what a teenage driver is doing when they are driving!
According to review sites, the PlayBack GPS is the highest-rated teen GPS data logger on the market today.
Teenage Driving Monitoring Apps
GPS data loggers are the most popular teen driver GPS devices purchased among parents, but that does not necessarily they are the best tracking device for a car. The reason is because live GPS tracking systems offer all of the features provided by data loggers but with the addition of many other safety features. For example, a real time GPS teen tracker provides alerting features that can send out an email and/or text message to parents the very instant a teen driver begins speeding! Real time GPS devices also provide a GEO-fence alerting feature that gives parents the ability to set “safe zones”, which means if a teen driver enters or exits a pre-set area parents can be notified via email or text message. This GEO-fence feature provided by real time teen GPS trackers is a great tool for parents because they can make certain a teenage driver does not leave the city or go to places deemed “off limits”. All of the live GPS tracking data is viewed through either a website or a free teenage driving monitoring app that can be downloaded to any smart phone!
According to review sites, the SpaceHawk GPS is the highest-rated real time teen driver GPS on the market today.
Teen GPS Tracker
How Much Does A Teen GPS Tracking System Cost?
There are two types of teen driving GPS systems parents can choose from: GPS data loggers or real time GPS trackers. Currently, most parents in search of a GPS for teen drivers invest in GPS data loggers. Parents looking into investing in the best GPS data loggers should anticipate spending $199 per device on the high end, and $169 on the low end. Parents seeking a more sophisticated solution for GPS tracking teen drivers should expect to invest $99 per real time GPS on the high end, and $59 on the low end. However, since real time teen GPS trackers require data plans, parents can look forward to paying an additional $24.95 per month for using live GPS teen monitoring solution.
Negative Influences On Teen Driving
- 1 out of 5 teenagers expressed that they think driving fast is fun.
- 1 out of 4 teen drivers, who also identified themselves as aggressive drivers, stated that they have drove 20 mph over the speed limit more than once.
- Over half of all teen drivers said they have exceeded the speed limit by over 10 mph more than once.
- Almost half of all teens stated that they drive more carefully when other teen passengers are not present in the vehicle.
- Less than half of the teens said they would speak up if a driver were speeding or driving in a scary manner.
- Almost 70% of teens said they felt unsafe when someone else was driving.
- Almost 100% of teens expressed that they received or sent a text message while driving.
- More than half of all teens stated that they talk on the phone while they drive.
- A driver speaking on the phone while driving is twice as likely to be involved in a traffic accident than someone not speaking on a phone.
Positive Influences On Teen Driving
Teen Driver GPS
- Teen GPS trackers can send parents alerts via email or cell phone if a teen driver is driving at unsafe speeds.
- GPS tracking systems always keep parents “in the know”.
- Teen GPS tracking devices give parents peace-of-mind and teens additional freedom.
- Many insurance companies give discounts to drivers with teen driver GPS tracking systems.
- Most drunk drivers are on the road from 10:00 p.m.-4:00 a.m.
- Almost half of all teen automobile deaths occur between the hours of 9:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m.
- Teens use seat belts less than any other age group.
- A person wearing a seat belt is almost 50% less likely to be killed in an automobile accident.
*Data was collected from Allstate Foundation for teen safe driving.